1. Make sure you have a safe ride home, use the free cab service provided by Montgomery County Prosecutor Matt Heck 937-229-9999. Or make a reservation at one of Downtown’s hotels, the Crowne Plaza has rooms for $94, use DUB as your special rate code, 937-224-0800. Or make sure you havea designated driver.
2. We open at 5:30am, and due to the crowd size, we have streamlined our opening to ensure we can get in as many people in at 5:30am. We will have security at a table at 4am and they will be doing ID’s, wristbands, taking $10 cover charge, and the 1st 100 people will get a ticket to redeem for a free St. Patrick’s Day T-shirt provided by Svedka Vodka. Those that get here by 4am, will be able to get their wristbands, and get back in line so there will be no wait at 5:30am. The line will form on the Wayne Ave entrance (Big Tent) and wrap around the corner to 5th Street towards Francos.
3. Due to The State of Ohio Sunday Liquor Laws, we will not be able to pour liquor until 11am – sorry – its the law, if you dont like it, then talk to your state rep.
4. We have two tents on site, one very large tent that holds about 1000ppl, we call it the “Big Tent”. The Big tent will have two draft beer trucks, a Red Bull bar stocked with Jameson and Svedka vodka, a small bar with Jameson, Svedka Vodka and jello shots, a food area selling hamburgers, hot dogs, Guinness Brats, Pub Fries, Fried Pickles, and Fish. There will also be a merchandise area and an ATM, as all sales under the tents are cash.
5. The smaller tent we call the “VIP” tent, and that stands for Very Irish Person.This tent does not open until 1pm, and music starts with Jameson’s Folly at 2pm, and Ithika Rock legends at 7pm. There will be plenty of beverages under the tent, but no food. You will want to check out this tent, since it will be the last time it will ever exist due to our plans to do an addition in that spot.
6. Inside the pub you will find our full service restaurant serving our limited menu, but with all the Irish favorites. There is no band inside, but Celtic Rock will be playing all day long inside. We have an ATM as well inside, so for those keeping score at home, we have two ATM’s overall on site.
7. There is no GREEN BEER
on site, so please don’t ask – we are an authentic Irish Pub and we pride ourselves in the Guinness perfect pint. If you want Green Beer, we suggest you enroll in Miami University – today. Here is a link for enrollment: http://www.miami.muohio.edu/admission/admission/index.html
8. If you dont like crowds, basically, St. Patrick’s Day may not be for you, but if you look for the best time to come and participate in the revelry, we recommend late morning – early afternoon. You will still have Guinness & Jameson, you will still see Irish Step Dancing, and you will hear amazing Irish music. The 5:30am spot is a sight to see, and only for the true professionals. Late night will be busy, but the show is amazing, and the people are the best St. Patrick’s Day revelers in the world!!!
Filed under: Pub News