1. Make sure you have a safe ride home, use the free cab service provided by Montgomery County Prosecutor Matt Heck 937-449-9999. Or make a reservation at one of Downtown’s hotels, the Crowne Plaza has rooms for $94, use DUB as your special rate code, 937-224-0800. Or make sure you have a designated driver.
2. We open at 5:30am, and due to the crowd size, we have streamlined our opening to ensure we can get in as many people in at 5:30am. We will have security at a table at 4am and they will be doing ID’s, wristbands, taking $10 cover charge, and the 1st 100 people will get a ticket to redeem for a free St. Patrick’s Day T-shirt provided by Bacardi. Those that get here by 4am, will be able to get their wristbands, and get back in line so there will be no wait at 5:30am when we open the doors. The line will form at the entrance in our BIG TENT – and will wrap around the corner of 5th St and Wayne Ave towards Francos.
3. If you don’t want to fight crowds inside the pub, the tent will be fully functional at 5:30am. There will be beer and liquor, as well as food and merchandise available at 5:30am in the heated tent.
4. THE ADDITION WILL NOT BE DONE IN TIME, it will be more like June opening for that. We will not have the smaller VIP (Very Irish Person Tent) this year due to our construction – we are sorry – but it snowed in DecEmeber and just kept snowing. The Big tent will have two draft beer trucks, a Red Bull bar stocked with Jameson and Bacardi Bombs and cocktails, a small bar with Jameson, Bacardi Bombs and jello shots, a food area selling hamburgers, hot dogs, Guinness Brats, Pub Fries, Fried Pickles, and Fish. There will also be a merchandise area and an ATM, as all sales under the tents are cash.
5. Our Facebook page and website has our full itinerary. WWW.DUBPUB.COM.
6. Inside the pub you will find our full service restaurant serving our limited menu, but with all the Irish favorites. There is no band inside, but Celtic Rock will be playing all day long inside. We have an ATM as well inside, so for those keeping score at home, we have two ATM’s overall on site.
7. There is no GREEN BEER on site, so please don’t ask – we are an authentic Irish Pub and we pride ourselves in the Guinness perfect pint. If you want Green Beer, we suggest you enroll in Miami University – today. Here is a link for enrollment:http://www.miami.muohio.edu/admission/admission/index.html
8. If you dont like crowds, basically, St. Patrick’s Day may not be for you, but if you look for the best time to come and participate in the revelry, we recommendeither when we open, late morning or early afternoon. You will still have Guinness & Jameson, you will still see Irish Step Dancing, and you will hear amazing Irish music. The 5:30am spot is a sight to see, and only for the TRUE PROFESSIONALS. Late night will be busy, and the show is amazing, and the people are the best St. Patrick’s Day revelers in the world!!!
Filed under: Pub News